As many of you are packing up your classrooms, getting ready for summer break, well, I am unpacking mine and setting up for our new school year! This is why:
- Extended school year, an extension of the regular school year (25 extra instructional days that begin in July.) Only for grades Kinder, 1st, 2nd, & 3rd.
- ALL students are included, not just at risk (or low performing students)
- Teachers must use intervention researched based programs that serve ALL STUDENTS
- Gives your child a head start!
- NOT all Schools sites participate only a selected few, it is best that you check with your local School District.
- Our district’s goal is to have 85% of the student population proficient in math and reading by May 2016
Here is to another great Year! Good luck and have Fun Learning & Teaching!
Leave a Reply