• Home
  • Lifestyle & Classroom Blog
  • Teachers Pay Teachers
  • T-shirt Design & More
  • All About Tchr888
  • Contact

TCHR888

Live, Love, Teach

Heart Confessions in Summer Link Up

June 8, 2015

Share
Tweet
Pin
Share
Share
0 Shares
Heart
Confessions in Summer
Link Up……    
I’m out on summer break for just a couple of weeks (3 weeks to be exact.) I really don’t have a summer because I choose to participate in our school’s K-3 Plus program. This program is a State initiative that offers 25 extra days of instruction before the regular school year begins for student’s in grades K through 3rd grade. Sort of like and extended school year. Meanwhile that begins, I’m enjoying spending time with my children and trying to relax at home… But I have some Heart Confessions to make! What about you? I would love for you to join me in this linky party about any Heart Confessions in summer you may have as a mom or a teacher, all bloggers are welcome! Here are mine.

Heart Confession #1:

Did you know that we teachers don’t really have a summer? I’m talking about the “summer” that most people paint, portray, say, we have! “oh you’re so lucky, you get to be home all summer long with your kids and only work 9 months out of the year, right!” Let me begin, by stating that although some teachers may have that kind of summer, the majority of us don’t! For example, days after school is out, most of us attend professional developments that last a couple of days, sometimes weeks. We attend summer academies that help us prepare for the following school year! Or in my case, we begin graduate school! It almost feels like you’re never done with school! Heart Confession #1: We never Stop Learning!

Heart Confession #2:

 Most teacher’s have a book problem! We can walk into any bookstore and go directly to the children’s book section (even at garage sales!) This is especially true to me, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, buying books for my kids! This particular bookstore is locally owned and I can find new and used books! My kids and I love going there, we spend hours in there browsing and reading books and always walk out with a bag full of books! Heart Confession #2: We Love buying and reading books!

Heart Confession #3:

I Intentional make time for a healthy lifestyle. I think I can honestly say, that we spend so much time lesson planning, reading, creating, and making activities for our student’s that it is so much easier to skip meals and not workout because we simply “DON’T HAVE TIME!” Even during the school year….. I often hear myself telling my husband; “I didn’t have time to eat today, I’m starving!” Heart Confession #3: I Intentionally block some weekdays off to practice yoga. While I run every other day and try to eat healthy, I have to be intentional about making sure, I’m healthy physically, mentally, and emotionally! It may sound selfish, but “me” time is super important because if I’m not healthy neither will my kids! Teachers and mommies, please be INTENTIONAL about taking care of yourself!! One day your kids will thank you!

Heart Confession #4: 

I try my best to see possibility everywhere; Even when I’m having a bad day! My mother has always told my sister’s and I: “Take one day at a time!” And when you do, you become, my Heart Confession #4: A doer, a thinker, and you see possibility everywhere! I promise you will!

And that’s my favorite heart confession! Now it’s you turn, just download the first image and create your own list!! Do you have any heart confession? Any tips for me, mommy’s and teacher’s I would love to hear from you! Wishing you an amazing summer break. 

P.S. Check out these other heart confessions in summer from other teachers and mom’s! 

An InLinkz Link-up
Share
Tweet
Pin
Share
Share
0 Shares

Filed Under: kindergarten, summer break, teachers follow teachers, Uncategorized 4 Comments

« Tchr888 Blogaversary Giveaway #1
Pop in for the 2nd & 3rd giveaways »

Comments

  1. Amanda Patterson says

    June 9, 2015 at 3:44 am

    Wow! I can't believe you are doing the K-3 plus, you are BRAVE! I did summer school one year, newly pregnant, and don't think I could ever do it again. Go you! Have a great summer and can't wait to get to know you more.

    Reply
    • Laura Bryant says

      June 9, 2015 at 5:52 pm

      This is my 3rd or 4th year doing it! I don't mind it, maybe next year I will take a break! I get to start with my kinder early though, so by the time the actual school year begins, we routines and procedures down!

      Reply
  2. Michelle Sanchez says

    June 9, 2015 at 6:56 pm

    I just linked up, thank you so much for offering this type of linky party. It really challenged me! I am also very thankful for teachers like you! I hope you have a fantastic summer!

    Reply
    • Laura Bryant says

      June 10, 2015 at 4:45 am

      Thank you for linking up! I loved and truly enjoyed your post! I even got teary eyed! I hope to meet you at the TpT Vegas Conference!

      Reply

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Grab A Button

Grab A Button

Search

Categories

Latest Products

Latest on Instagram

🎠 Fall can’t begin without a date night to the fai 🎠 Fall can’t begin without a date night to the fair ✨

📸 @joannaitzellephotography ✨💖 love her creativity in this photoshoot! ❣️

#lavida #maestrasdeinstagram #teachersofinstagram #lifeisbeautiful
🎟️ Because You’re never to old to flirt and be rom 🎟️ Because You’re never to old to flirt and be romantic. 

📸: @joannaitzellephotography ✨💕 

#life #lifeisbeautiful #teacher #teacherlife
🎡2026 - SNMSFR 📸: @joannaitzellephotography 💖✨ 🎡2026 - SNMSFR 

📸: @joannaitzellephotography 💖✨
My (Our) Flex ❤️ Proud Sister Moment: Being daugh My (Our) Flex ❤️

Proud Sister Moment: Being daughters and granddaughters of immigrants, first-generation, and changing the world through how we serve others and now instilling those same values and passing them down to our own sons and daughters. ❤️

Our parents and grandparents instilled in us integrity, self-respect, dignity, and respect for others. These are the values that shaped who we are and the ones we hope our sons and daughters will carry forward.

With that being said, I want to congratulate my sister on her recent promotion to Sergeant First Class (SFC/E7), Unit Readiness NCO! 🇺🇸

Sigue adelante, y éxito en todo lo que hagas! Congratulations, Sis! So proud of you, and thank you for serving our country! 🇺🇸❤️ Matthew 6:33 

#daughtersofimmigrants #firstgen #latina #mujer #hispanicheritagemonth
One thing about me is that I believe in keeping my One thing about me is that I believe in keeping my community informed, especially when changes can directly impact New Mexico families. That’s why I’m partnering with the @nm_hca 💛

Federal changes to Medicaid are coming, and there are a few important dates to know:

🩵 October 1, 2026: Some lawfully present immigrants may be affected by changes to Medicaid eligibility.

📬 December 31, 2026: Most adults will begin having their Medicaid eligibility reviewed every 6 months.

✅ January 1, 2027: New identity and residency checks begin, and some adults ages 19–64 may need to report at least 80 hours each month of qualifying work or volunteer activity. Some people may qualify for exemptions, so be sure to ask HCA what applies to you.

There are things you can do NOW: make sure your mailing address is up to date, watch for your turquoise renewal letter, complete your renewal on time, and ask questions if you’re unsure.

Please don’t wait until these changes begin to get informed. ❤️ Share this with someone who may need it.

Learn more at hca.nm.gov/medicaidchanges (the link is in my bio) or call 1-800-283-4465.

@nm_hca
#KeepYourBenefitsNM
Science is the perfect place to let language come Science is the perfect place to let language come alive. 🔬✨

For multilingual learners, hands-on experiences give students something meaningful to talk, read, and write about.

💡 Dual Language Tip: Build the experience first, then build the academic language. Let students observe, discuss, gesture, draw, and use both languages to make sense of the concept before expecting a formal response.

When students understand the science, the language has somewhere to stick. 💛

#DualLanguage #MultilingualLearners #ScienceLearning #biliteracy #maestrasdeinstagram
📚✨ There’s just something magical about a good rea 📚✨ There’s just something magical about a good read aloud!

Especially in third grade. Read alouds are SO important and one of my absolute favorite parts of teaching. ❤️ I love watching my students get completely pulled into a story, make connections, laugh together, predict what’s coming next, and beg me to read “just one more chapter!”

Read alouds build vocabulary, comprehension, curiosity, and a love for reading, but more than that, they create some of the sweetest moments of my classroom community. 💛

Third graders are NEVER too old to be read to, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, this part of teaching! 

Are you a read aloud fan in upper grades? 📚

#ThirdGrade #ReadAloud #maestrasdeinstagram #reading #TeacherLife
P.S. The new school year is the real beginning of P.S. The new school year is the real beginning of my new year. My years begin in August, not in January. 
✏️ It’s a new chapter for me, my family and my professional work. New year, new goals, new class, new routines. 📓📚🎆 

Then wrapped up my day with my favorite cookies from @cookie_bliss10 👌🏼Actually, the best! 🫶🏼

#maestrasdeinstagram #teacher #teachersofinstagram #teachergram
Mexico 🇲🇽 vs South Korea 🇰🇷 #fifaworldcup2026 #ma Mexico 🇲🇽 vs South Korea 🇰🇷 
#fifaworldcup2026 #maestrasdeinstagram #teacher #teachergram
Follow on Instagram

Latest on Facebook

This message is only visible to admins.
Problem displaying Facebook posts. Backup cache in use.
Click to show error
Error: The user must be an administrator, editor, or moderator of the page in order to impersonate it. If the page business requires Two Factor Authentication, the user also needs to enable Two Factor Authentication. Type: OAuthException

Copyright © 2026 · Website Design By Jumping Jax Designs